All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
PREMIERE LOCATION NEXT TO THE WORLD- RENOWNED PRESIDIO NATIONAL PARK…
BEAUTIFUL ARCHITECTURAL DETAILING AND EXQUISITE FINISHES….
LUXURIOUSLY ZEN-LIKE PRIMARY SUITE WITH PATIO AND SPA-INSPIRED BATH….
Located at the nexus where the highly sought-after historical neighborhoods of Pacific Heights and Presidio Heights intersect with one of the world’s most beautiful natural attractions, the Presidio National Park, this classic condominium residence enjoys a premiere location in a beautiful boutique early 20th-Century building.
The elegantly flowing floor-plan of the main level works beautifully for entertaining as well as everyday living, with beautiful architectural detailing and lovely Park views as an enchanting backdrop. Top-of-the-line finishes throughout, a gourmet chef’s kitchen with breakfast room, and two fireplaces are additional amenities of these spectacular spaces. The Zen-like, luxuriously spacious primary suite on the upper level is a wonderfully serene oasis enjoying a spa-like en-suite bath, sitting area, garden views and fireplace in the bedroom, and a French door stepping out to a charming patio surrounded by lushly verdant greenery.
Located just a short distance to the City’s world-class technology & financial hubs of SoMa and FiDi as well as some of the world’s most picturesque beaches and parks, there is also quick freeway access to the Wine Country to the North as well as Silicon Valley to the South. Nestled amongst magnificent mansions, stately consulates, verdant parks, and close to the trend-setting boutiques and popular dining attractions of Fillmore and Sacramento Streets, this elegant and tranquil residence provides a quintessentially San Francisco lifestyle in one of the world’s most desirable luxury enclaves.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, powder room, formal dining room, breakfast room, laundry room, and 3 fireplaces (dining room fireplace is decorative only)
- 1 car independent Parking
- 2 Level Condominium residence of ~2,380 Square Feet as per architect; Buyer to independently verify
- 3-unit building built in 1909
- Charming East-facing, terraced common area patios
- Designed by prominent architect Stephen Sutro
- Note: the 52” Sony television in master bedroom and Sony television in the breakfast room are included
- The dining room walls are pre-wired electrical for installation of sconces
- The two patios in the back are common area, but currently 24 Presidio Avenue uses the upper one and 22 Presidio Avenue the lower one
THE MAIN LEVEL
- Highlighted with elegant picture and crown moldings, the expansive and welcoming entrance foyer seamlessly connects the living and entertaining spaces on this level of the home, creating a wonderfully open feel.
- With the verdantly lush trees of Presidio Avenue and the Park as a beautiful backdrop, the bright and airy living room is a wonderful entertaining space with its bank of West-facing Bay windows, fireplace with marble surround and built-ins in each side, mahogany-toned oak flooring and classic picture and crown moldings.
- The architecturally proportioned formal dining room also enjoys a decorative fireplace with stone surround, picture and crown moldings, hidden pocket doors to the entrance foyer- and opens up to both the living room and entrance foyer for great open-ness and flow.
- The handsomely equipped gourmet chef’s kitchen is superbly outfitted with top-of the line finishes and appliances including a double door stainless Sub-Zero refrigerator, 6-burner Wolf gas range with stainless hood, Bosch dishwasher, two- level cooking and eating island with a large sink and three ovens- Wolf, Thermador convection oven and Thermador microwave oven. Artisanally-crafted double ogee-edged marble slab counters and the abundant custom wood and rippled glass Cabinetry, combined with bar stool seating at the island for 3-4 people make this a wonderful entertaining as well as cooking kitchen for intimate dinners or small breakfasts. The charming adjoining breakfast room provides additional seating for this more casual entertaining and lounging space.
- A chic powder room with classic marble topped vanity, wine storage and laundry room with stacked Electrolux washer/ dryer and built-in shelving complete this level of the residence.
THE UPPER LEVEL
- The luxuriously Zen-like primary bedroom spans the entire width and back of the upper level. With its beautiful outlooks through banks of East windows toward the terraced patios and gardens, and a seating area with fireplace, this is a wonderfully tranquil oasis. French doors open up to a charming brick patio with semi-circular stone seating surround by mature landscaping and a barbeque area. A large walk-in closet with custom built-ins for shoes and accessories, and a 5-star hotel quality primary bath with inlaid marble mosaic, radiantly heated floors and a huge glass walk-in shower with bench complete the amenities of this tranquil and spa-like retreat.
- The interconnected 2nd and 3rd bedrooms also work well as a well-appointed office with built-ins and media room.
- A 2nd slab marble bath with radiantly heated floors and a walk-in shower with bench completes this level of the residence.
ABOUT THE PRESIDIO
The Presidio Trust is a federal agency that manages the Presidio of San Francisco, a national park at the heart of the 82,000-acre Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Spanning nearly 1,500 acres in a spectacular setting at the Golden Gate, the Presidio is defined by its history, spectacular views, natural habitats, and beautiful opens spaces. The Trust has repurposed historic buildings for visitor recreation in the airplane hangars at Crissy Field, which house Planet Granite climbing gym and House of Air Trampoline park. Others include the Presidio Visitor Center, The Presidio Officers’ Club Museum, the Lodge at the Presidio, the Walt Disney Family Museum, and The Commissary restaurant.
The grounds consist of 24 miles of hiking and 25 miles of biking trails, including eight scenic overlooks. The park has recently undergone a 25 year revitalization project which began with a $34.4 million project to revitalize Crissy Field unveiled to the public in May 2001.The project has also restored the national park’s Tennessee Hollow Watershed, returning streams once buried by the Army back to the surface, creating precious habitat for native plants and wildlife as well an opportunity for visitors to experience nature up close. This project takes a major step forward in coming months as seven acres of newly restored marshland link the watershed to San Francisco Bay. Other signature projects include the restoration of Mountain Lake, the creation of a comprehensive trail system with 24 miles of hiking trails and eight scenic overlooks, and the restoration of the historic Main Parade ground as a public gathering space, rehabilitating the Presidio Officers’ Club, one of San Francisco’s oldest buildings that now houses the Presidio’s museum. If you’re hiking along the Bay Area Ridge Trail, you might be surprised to discover a new Presidio landmark of startling grandeur. Standing at 100 feet tall at its tapering peak, Spire is a sculpture by world-renowned artist Andy Goldsworthy. In fact it is the first Presidio piece he was inspired to create after he visited the park in 2006. Since then he has gone on to imagine three more – Wood Line, Tree Fall, and Earth Wall – making the Presidio home to the largest collection of his works on public view in North America.
THE GOLF COURSE
Just inside the Presidio’s Arguello Gate, bordered by Monterey Cypress and eucalyptus, is a place where Theodore Roosevelt, Charles Schulz, Joe DiMaggio, and Arnold Palmer once swung a club. Presidio Golf Course, one of the oldest courses on the West Coast, has seen more than 120 years of play – and it’s making new history today as one of the best public golf courses in the United States.
The course was built in 1895 as a nine-hole link exclusively for Army officers and members of the private Presidio Golf Club. During its early military years, it sometimes served double duty: in the Spanish American War, infantry trained and drilled here, and in 1906 survivors of the great San Francisco earthquake took refuge on the grounds. In 1910, the course was expanded to 18 holes and in 1921, it was redesigned, lengthened, and given a watering system. Still, through all its changes, it remained off limits to all but an elite few until it opened up its 145-acre, 6500 yard course for all to enjoy as the Presidio National Park Course and continues to rival some of the best courses in the country. The iconic Presidio Golf & Concordia Club offers members outstanding golf, dining, fitness and social activities – amid the stunning backdrop of the Presidio National Park Course.
PRESIDIO HEIGHTS-Bordering the world-famous Presidio Park this is considered one of San Francisco’s most desirable residential neighborhoods. Although some of the grandest homes in the City can be found here, like those harbored within the gated community of Presidio Terrace, this section of the city is one of the most family-friendly you will come across. On sunny days, all shapes of families can be found spreading blankets across the hills of Presidio Park, laying out exquisite picnics and taking in the sun.
Nearby Julius Kahn playground makes for extensive romping for boys and girls. Plentiful choices in neighborhood schools helps to add a certain ease when it comes to raising a family here. Some of the best schools in California, placing local students in the top tiers of competitive education, call Presidio Heights home.
Presidio Heights offers homes for sale that are some of the most pristine properties in San Francisco. Many of the older homes offer stately 2 story living quarters that are unequaled in elegance. Known primarily as a residential neighborhood, there are plentiful shopping opportunities to be found in the adjacent Laurel Village district and high-end restaurants and trendy boutiques line the popular Sacramento Street corridor.